Saturday, September 26, 2015

This writing thing is not what I thought it would be!
This morning I had somewhat of a meltdown. I looked at the outline for the 31Days writing challenge and the lines crossing out potential jewelers to interview... and I wanted to just throw the paper in the trash and either chuck it in... or change my subject!
I have to say, I vented on Facebook... I generally don't vent on G+(Why is that?). I obviously don't communicate through writing well enough to get my point across, because I was told I had anxiety and needed medication.
Then I was told that the anxiety was getting in the way of me looking for a job....
No....
I am asking for interviews for my blog....
I would like to interview people for the blog...
The writing challenge...
sigh...

No, I haven't chucked it in, yet. I haven't changed the subject, not that it hasn't crossed my mind more than 30 or 40 times today... but I have my outline, I have a few interviews already, I have modified my letter asking for an interview. I've modified my questionnaire for the interview. I have worked on pictures,the linking button, gone back and redone some of my graphics, fonts, sizes and colors..

OK, I admit to being a bit OCD when it comes to getting blog pages to the point I like them, and I hope that other people like them... I want the page to be pleasing to the eye, easily readable, and interesting.  Hopefully, this comes across as looking inviting and professional.

So, back to the story. I have learned my lesson, maybe, to not post to Facebook anything that might be misconstrued. Not that it will matter, anything I say can and will be misconstrued. I guess I have to go to the person that misunderstood me, and gave me advice about medicating...  and apologize for writing like I was manic and a bit anxious. The truth is...I was a bit anxious, but not in the bad sort of way... but in my crazy, mixed up sort of way that I get stuff done if I'm pushed to that point...? Does that make sense?

I mean, I obsess about something, but I can actually make myself decide on a course of action if I am faced with a dilemma. If I have obsessed about something for a few days, I will just turn it off for a bit and I will usually find a solution for the problem rather quickly.  I learned that from Wanda Greene. She owned a floral business and took me in under her wing, so to speak. She taught me the business from the ground up. I got frustrated one day, doing a job that no one else would do, and she came up and asked me what was wrong with the piece. I said I didn't know. She said... walk away.
I looked at her, wondering if she had lost her mind. I had to finish it right then, and get it out. But I did it. I walked to the back of the shop, I got a drink, worked on another project for about 10 minutes and walked back into the room and could tell exactly what was wrong and what needed to happen to get it out the door in maybe 5 minutes.

That works with just about everything. I guess not brain surgery, but with writing it does. With jewelry it does, same with sculpting, painting, floral arranging, and sewing. I'm pretty sure in designing just about anything...

After my little meltdown and subsequent embarrassment on social media... I am ok. I know what I need to do and am implementing the changes to my approach. Things feel better tonight, I feel a bit relieved. We have 5 days to go before the challenge begins and I am ahead of the curve already with my page, graphics, subject, and ... most of all, with my newfound sense of accomplishment!

Join me for the 31 Days Writing Challenge, beginning October 1st. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, thank you for visiting the blog!