Sunday, January 01, 2017

Week 1 - 2017 Year of Jewelry Project-- Self Portrait

Week 1

I did it... I signed up for the Year of Jewelry Project again! I had a great year in 2015, but 2016 was a fizzle... I worked,  and worked a lot on jewelry... just never had time or the inclination to actually take photos of more than a few of my pieces. 

This year... I'm off to a good start. I have created two pieces so far, a necklace and a matching bracelet. 

The theme is "Self Portrait" and I think I captured myself pretty well. The pieces are a monotone, black to silver done in a flat Peyote stitch, which is one of the first stitches I ever learned how to create. 

The beads are 11/0 triangle seed, so it is not large, the necklace is also made up of crystal, glass, and metal. The focal pendant is a piece of polished lava with crystals and a metal spacer bead. The clasp is an s hook and loop. 
The bracelet is made up of 11/0 triangle seed beads as well with the polished lava and crystals as a focal.  I get frustrated with Blogger for not allowing you to turn a picture... so the bracelet is vertical. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, thank you for visiting the blog!