Monday, August 25, 2014

Junior High School and my son's sense of humor

So it is off to school this morning... first day of Junior High for my baby boy... the last of the litter... sigh...
We started off really well, breakfast and teeth brushing and no wrinkles in the clothes... and hair ... perfect....
My son got ready for school an hour before time to go... I went over the fine points again... those things I have been drilling into him since Kindergarten... no running, write down your locker number and the combination... don't lose your id card... eat your lunch... don't share your locker... never give out the combination... don't just give a half smile and expect the teachers/staff/kids to just know that is your greeting... say hello.... be polite... talk to your friends... bu not in class...

OK, I'm nervous for him...

I told him again what the principle told us the other night, that they expect him to do what they tell him, when they tell him, and to do it the way they tell him...  We're not in elementary anymore, Toto...

Like I need to tell him 90% of this, but he is forgetful, and I am so afraid he will forget his locker number or combination, because that is the most important thing... and the most likely thing he will forget....

So, my friend Kevin drove him to school since I still can't drive. I asked to go along, since I am having anxiety and since the the school is further away than the elementary just down the street... and drop off is dramatically different... We can't walk to and from school now, and he will have athletics early at a different location except for the first two days of school..... sooooo.....
On the way I asked my son what he was going to do today, expecting him to recite what I had told him about the locker....
His reply..

... Not poop in my pants...

So he is OK... he has his humor in tact.... He got me to laughing so hard I nearly peed my pants.... Kevin is shaking his head.... and I am thinking that it is all going to be ok.

I have to go back to work today... earnestly try to catch up on my goals for the month, and try to keep focused on work and not on the clock...though I have the alarm set and will be ready to go back to the school early... not sure why early... but I don't want to be late.   I'll probably bake some cookies, not that he will eat any, but I feel like the first day needs something special... Maybe a toasted cheese sandwich?

So, I'll let you know if the day went well, and if the locker/ combination/ id card are safe... and how the dog reacted to him not being home all day... she usually paces down the hallway a few times to his room when he is gone.  This morning... meh... I think she is tired.  She has just been laying around.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, thank you for visiting the blog!