Friday, October 11, 2013

Day of the Dead or Halloween?

I posted that I was intered into the Halloween/Day of the Dead Blog Hop, and I really am excited about it, but I have only had one or two days to work on the theme, and I am still not sure what I want to do...
I played with the flowers our of polymer clay, to do a Day of the Dead theme, but then when I started making a skull... it didn't look much like Day of the Dead, it looked more Halloweeny. so I decided to go that direction and do something scary... but then again.... I don't really want to go that direction, maybe just leave that skull and do another...
my son wanted me to do Halloween anyway, he wanted me to do a latex Gothic type necklace, but I am thinking more of a beaded spiderweb with a spider with a skull head, ala  Spiderus from Miss Spider's Sonny Patch Friends.... So I'm still up in the air about what I am going to do. At least I am thinking about it, and plotting and planning!

I've been back to the eye doctor, and the meds that I was using for the detached retina caused an ulcer on my cornea, and the treatment hasn't been helping much, so he wants to put a patch of sorts on the cornea, with stem cells in it, that will heal the cornea, he says that the retina is stable now, so I should have some relief, but the pain is so much that I can't be too happy. I can't hold my eyes open for long, I can't stand light, I can't see anything more than cloudy forms in the right eye, and the doc says the left is sympathizing with the right, but when the right is bandaged, the left eye still hurts and is still blurry... what is that?
So....
I feel like I am back to square one.

4 comments:

  1. Your flowers and skull look really nice. I was sorry to hear about your eyes and hope you are doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you tried! I do hope you find some relief and healing for your eye soon! Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing what you create, Sending healing vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If thats what you did when you weren't 100% - you will be fab when you are feeling better! Nice progress, heal and be well.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, thank you for visiting the blog!